- Can iSCSI protocol be used for CloudStack secondary storage services?
As of Apache CloudStack 4.1.x, iSCSI is not a supported protocol for secondary storage services. Additionally, Swift object storage can also be used along with NFS.
- In an Advanced Zone, can Management, Storage and Guest traffic use the same Physical Network?
Yes, It is possible to configure CloudStack to use the same physical network for Management, Storage and Guest traffic.
- Is it possible to resize ROOT volumes in CloudStack?
As of CloudStack 4.1.x, it is not possible to resize ROOT volumes. Only DATA volumes can be resized
- CloudStack runs out of management IP addresses if the host is rebooted without enabling maintenance mode first
- KVM HA does not work correctly. No action happens when a KVM host goes offline.
Known issue as of CloudStack 4.1.1. Tracked in JIRA ticket CLOUDSTACK-3535
- Local storage pools do not get created if Local Storage is enabled on an existing zone.
A management server restarted is required after enabling local storage for an existing zone. See JIRA CLOUDSTACK-4733 for UI enhancement
- There is no Add Guest Network option to create a shared network in Advanced Zone.
This option should be present under the Guest Physical Network tab but due to a UI bug in CloudStack 4.1.1 (JIRA CLOUDSTACK-4323), its not visible.
Use the createNetwork API via CloudMonkey to create the shared network as a workaround
- How does the CloudStack “reset password” script work?
Refer how does Cloudstack change reset password works? thread on cloudstack-users mailing list
- Does CloudStack allow upload of Data Volumes to clusters which only have local storage enabled?
Not at this time (As of CloudStack 4.1.x). See CLOUDSTACK-4173 for the enhancement request
- Can CloudStack Advanced Networking be created without using VLANs?
VLANs are the default isolation method for CloudStack Advanced Networks. Other than VLAN isolation, GRE isolation and STT isolation is also supported by CloudStack in an Advanced Zone. Other SDN technologies like Nicira is also supported
- Is it possible to use CloudStack with VMWare ESXi Hypervisors without using vCenter Server?
No. vCenter server is a key requirement for CloudStack to talk to ESXi Hypervisors
- Can Domain Admins create new users to the domain they are administering?
On CloudStack 4.2, domain admins cannot add new users to their administered domain. See CLOUDSTACK-4830
- How do I add more memory/CPU to a host?
YMMV, but this seems to work:
- Put the host into maintenance mode
- Upgrade memory/CPU
- Cancel maintenance mode
- How can I remove a failed host directly from the database? The UI does not let me remove it.
- What guest operating systems (OS) does CloudStack support?
It depends on the hypervisor. See this blog post for more details
- How can I change the password of a hypervisor host? See this thread Change host passwd from the user mailing list