I need a wiki to move all my tech writings to. Get it sorted, organized and searchable. I have tried the following:
– Easy to setup, installable from FreeBSD ports
– Content addition is straight forward
– UI could do with an upliftment
– Works with flat files
I ran into a problem where it would crib about PHP errors while updating the files. On refresh, I could see that that the content was indeed getting updated. Lost interest before I could debug further.
– Uses MySQL and has a straightforward setup procedure. Well documented.
– Very slick and powerful. MediaWiki powers Wikipedia – The Free Encyclopedia
– You have learn a whole lot of new wiki specific tags to get things added the way you want. Loads of documentation, reading them is tiring and boring.
– Once I have my content added, it sure is going to be way more easier to work with than my current system of flat files
I will be going with MediaWiki for now. I doubt development will stop on this since it powers wikipedia.