One more project day before the main conference.
The good stuff:
– The Motorola Symbol WLAN held fort for the entire day
– No complaints about “I get DHCP but no Internet”. Removing ns1 from the DHCP DNS list probably fixed that problem
– Internet from the SDA hall “just worked”
– Mucked around tc/htb for traffic shaping, its almost been 4 years since I last looked at the Linux traffic shaping tools.
The bad stuff:
– Some users don't respect public shared Internet access and need to be kicked. Dropped a couple of destination IPs who were “known” abusers
– The Motorola WLAN lost its SSID later in the afternoon. Rebooting the switches fixed the problem
– Ran out of powerstrips