For those trying to debug SSVM networking, the following screenshots should help narrow down the issue. These screenshots are from a Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 environment with XenServer hypervisor hosts. Each XenServer hosts has 4 physical network interfaces labeled as below:
- NIC0 – MGMT
- NIC1 – STORAGE (NOTE: Storage is unused in my setup)
- NIC2 – GUEST
- NIC3 – PUBLIC
This can be verified using XenCenter.
And the matching settings in Apache CloudStack Zone configuration.
With these settings in place, the SSVM network configuration looks as below in XenCenter:
- SSVM eth0 is mapped to link local
- SSVM eth1 is mapped to MGMT
- SSVM eth2 is mapped to VLAN-81a188af-903a-6a13-a099-04b9af4f245d-55, which is my Public VLAN 55
- SSVM eth3 is mapped to MGMT (Its mapped back to MGMT as my STORAGE network us unused)
Lastly, lets look at the VLAN assignments on the switch. I am using a Netgear GS108T 8 port smart switch. The Public VLAN 55 is tagged to all the ports. You will tag all the guest VLANs also to your desired switch ports