Apache CloudStack 4.2.1 is out!
Looking forward to all the new features in 4.2.1 especially the XenServer VM snapshot feature. Previously, only volume snapshot feature was available.
For those upgrading from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1, the upgrade instructions are at Upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 Some additional notes for upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1…
- Section #11: “service cloud-agent stop” would be “service cloudstack-agent stop”
- Section #15: The document mentions vhd-utils. It should be vhd-util
- Section #12 (a): Since its an upgrade from 4.2.0, the community Yum repo config would continue to read as below for CentOS/RHEL users:
[apache-cloudstack] name=Apache CloudStack baseurl=http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.2/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0
Also please note that a “yum upgrade” will pull in the 4.2.1 updates automatically. This is very dangerous as I use “yum update” to maintain CentOS updates and it could accidentally update an existing 4.2.0 installation to 4.2.1 (or newer versions) inadvertently.
As a best practice, I now have disabled the repo in cloudstack.repo
[apache-cloudstack] name=Apache CloudStack baseurl=http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.2/ enabled=0 gpgcheck=0
- Section #14: The “cloudstack-sysvmadm” would require you to specify cloud DB password as -p
$ nohup cloudstack-sysvmadm -d 127.0.0.1 -u cloud -p <password> -a > sysvm.log 2>&1 &
- Upgrade the other cloudstack-* packages also
$ yum upgrade -y cloudstack-*
While 4.2.1 fixes a lot of existing issues, there are known issues in 4.2.1. Please do check the known issues before you upgrade.